Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Hortin's

So every Sunday I go to my Aunt Ozi's house for dinner. This is a picture of me and Ozi. Let me first rave for a few minutes about what a good cook she is. I'm pretty sure that she hasn't made the same thing in the same month (we basically have something new every week) and her cooking is just amazing. Today we had chicken with some delicious sauce on it, twice baked potatoes, salad, asparagus and rolls. Anyone who knows me, knows that am not a vegetable person, but Ozi has converted me. I even ate 6 pieces of asparagus, I never thought that vegetables could taste good...lol. Next, let me say how delicious her rolls are. She makes rolls from scratch and they are so soft and yummy. Everytime I come home, my roomates are like, "did you bring some rolls back." I love having a good meal at least once in the week because as a college student, Ramen Noodles are a staple. Another thing that I love is being around family. It's so nice getting to know my cousins and their children. I have such a great family and I am so lucky that they are close by.

Here's a pic of Tanner (Han's son), Lisa (she picks me up and takes me to Ozi's house), and me.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm jealous of you getting to hang out with all the Hortin's. Jason always talked of how good Ozi's food was also!.

Stephanie Pulham said...

Yeah can I have some of those rolls too?

Lisa said...

You're so cute! I'm glad we get to pick you up. How else would I get to hear such great stories?

Amanda C said...

My sweet Melissa...I am so glad I get to see you every Sunday. Your smile is something I look forward to. I especially liked being on the "reject" table this week...I think it was more fun than the big table! Let's make brownies next week. *hugs*