Sunday, March 1, 2009

Polar Bear Swim

Ok so I didn't do the smartest thing on Wednesday. For some reason I thought it would be fun to jump into 20 degree water. So every February my apartment complex and other apartment complexes in Provo (I'm sure they have activities like this in other places too) do something called the Polar Bear swim. It is where people jump into ice cold water and swim a lap. Genius Idea...I know. So I decide to follow the crowd. I was assuming that the water wouldn't be as cold because the weather had been "warming up" to the 40's lately (which is still freezing cold). So I go and sign up and when I jumped into that water it didn't feel terrible, probably because my body was in shock...lol. After about 2 seconds, though, it felt like death. It was the worst thing I have ever done. I could barely breathe the rest of the night and I was sick for like the next 2 days. And what was the reason for me doing this. Did i get my next month's utilities paid for or even a dinner. Nope. I got a T-shirt. I did all of this for a T-shirt that was too big on me cuz they ran out of smalls. At least now I can say that "I took the plunge."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

:)

Stephanie Pulham said...

Well it is nice to say that you tried it. I have always wanted to be brave enough to try it. Notice that I don't actually want to DO it, just be brave enough to try it.

Jen said...

nice job!