Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Personal Waterfall

So about 2 weeks ago when me and my roomie, J'neen, were cleaning our kitchen at 1am I heard a noise coming from our kitchen closet so I opened up the door and, to my surprise, I found our own personal waterfall coming out of the ceiling. Water was also pouring down from my bathroom ceiling too. So I called management while J'neen went upstairs and told the girls to turn off their water. The apartment manager finally came and turned off the water to the girls apartment that lives above us. The manager then informed us that it was toilet water that flooded our apartment. And I guess there was mold in the ceilings because blacks specks in the water that was covering our kitchen and bathroom floors. But finally, at 2:30am, we finished mopping up most of the water in the kitchen and my bathroom...lol. However, right next to the bathroom tile is carpet so our hallway carpet got soaked and stinky. So we ran the AC all night, opened up all of our windows and turned on our celing fans and somehow our apartment still smelled moldy in the morning...lol. We also found out that it flooded our apartment so bad that the apartment below us also got flooded. We were lucky, though, because we only had to clean up a bunch of water but the water must have hit the breaker box for the apartment below us because their power went out. But management sent cleaning guys to my apartment to clean my moldy carpet and everything was fixed before the end of the next day so it wasn't too bad. Below is a picture of the buckets and pots we put to catch the water and the nasty rag that we ended up just throwing away...lol. You can't tell in this picture but the buckets and pots all got filled up.

So here is a picture of my roomie, J'neen, and I. While our friend was trying on wedding dresses we got bored and decided to wear some veils...lol. I am such a dork but it works out because J'neen is a dork too :) It is nice to have a good roomie after I have had so many stressful ones...lol.

So I am pretty excited that school is finally over and summer has started. The weather is beautiful, I go swimming alot and my tan is pretty sweet, what more could I as for...lol. And I will find out if I was accepted into the accounting program by July 30th. I am getting more nervous as the date approaches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. The water thing is pretty gross. It sucks.

Stephanie Pulham said...

Nice veil. It looks like the waterfall that you are talking about is the veil.