Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hiking the Y

So in case you guys don't know...i am a mom...lol...my calling in the ward is FHE-mom and this week we went on a hike. On the side of the mountain next to BYU is a huge Y and there is a hike up to it so we did it. I have never done the hike so I thought that it would just be like a leisurely stroll but unfortunately it wasn't. It is not a very long hike but it has so many switchbacks and it is pretty steep, so I was dying by the time i finished (I'm sure my family is all gonna thin that I'm being a whimp) It was still a pretty fun hike and it was definitely a good workout. I gotta get in shape to hike Mt Timpanogos (it is a 10-mile hike and I have heard that it is pretty hard) at the end of the summer.

Here are some pics. The first one is of my whole FHE group before the hike. It took some convincing but I got everyone to make a Y out of their arms.

This is at the bottom of the Y. The edge behind us was pretty steep but anyone that knows me well should be proud of how fearlessly I stood near the edge, probably because I knew that I had no brothers around to pretend to push me off...lol
This is the top of the Y. All that white stuff are the rocks that make up the Y. This picture doesn't show how steep the Y is but it took me forever to get up because I was afraid of tumbling down it. I just thought this would be a cool picture. This is at the top of the hike. It was so much fun. I love hiking (except for the 20 mesquito bites that I got). Having mountains like 20 minutes away is one of the few things that I love about provo.

In other news...I will go to LA in just one week. I can't wait to see my nieces and nephews. I miss them so much. I think I will be able to see all of them while I'm down there. I haven't seen my sister Jen's kids in over a year. They have gotten so old since I last saw them but I hope they still remember me. Just seven more days and then I will see my favorite little people in the world. I am also excited to see the rest of my family.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Getting everyone to make a "Y" with their arms?! We are so related.

Stephanie Pulham said...

I can't wait to see you too!