Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Graduation!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will graduate in approximately 4 months. Yay yay yay! Right now I am looking for jobs so that I will have one waiting for me after I graduate. But still I am almost done with school...so exciting. I have been going to school for 17 years (yes, I do realize some people in my family have had more schooling than that but I'm tired of school right now). Even though I still have a few months left in school, I will use this post to make a list of things I have learned in college:
1. To budget my money so that I can always pay for rent and food.
2. How to make dinners on a limited number of ingredients.
3. One low test score isn't going to ruin the rest of your life
4. If you walk slowly and like a penguin (shout out to my roommate Karen), you won't slip on ice.
5. If you study you will get good grades most of the time.
6. Forever stamps are not for mailing letters internationally.
7. Many things my older siblings told me when I was younger were tricks.
8. Sometimes I can feel lonely even though I am surrounded by people.
9. Some friends have ulterior motives (good thing I get to choose my friends).
10. Some friends are the most amazing people in the world and exactly what you need.
11. Boys and girls can't be friends.
12. Boys can be as dramatic as girls (often even more so).
13. I love working out.
14. Humanities for 2 hours straight is probably the most boring thing there is.
15. It is ok to say no to a second date.
16. Mistakes suck but sometimes they are awesome.
17. Living with strangers isn't difficult if they are clean and you are patient.
18. I can make my own decisions (still working on that one).
19. I am too trusting sometimes.
20. I am a very capable and charming person.

3 comments:

C. Albert said...

I think you should say
boy and girls cant *just* be friends.

Stephanie Pulham said...

Nice addition Albert. Hilarious too. But none of the stuff we told you were tricks...they are all very real!

Adele said...

Good post. Wait, you mean that waves aren't really made from whales out in the ocean? Also, will swallowing a watermelon seed cause you to grow a plant in your stomach? I was never sure about these.