Saturday, February 26, 2011

LA and Herbs

Last weekend was a three day weekend thanks to los presidentes so Me and some friends went to LA. It was so much fun and even though the weather was cold for so-cal, it was still like 40 degrees warmer than Utah. I went to Trevor's birthday party (my nephew) and I hung out with my family. It was a good visit but I didn't get any pictures because I learned once I got there that my camera battery was completely dead.

On another note, I realized that since I am about to graduate I should probably find more hobbies. Currently all my free time is spent doing homework, going to class or going to work. Right now I do family history but not as much as I would like to seeing as I don't have much time. Anyways I am trying to expand my horizons so I thought I might as well try gardening. Yes it is true that Utah in the winter time is not prime conditions for gardening but it could work. I decided to start off with herbs because I got them free from my mom. Herbs aren't as difficult to grow as avocados (shout-out to Steph) so it's a good starting point. I just planted it today so hopefully in a few weeks I will see something starting to grow. And when they have have grown I will make something delicious with them. Here is my Thyme, Sage and Basil.

3 comments:

Stephanie Pulham said...

Hey, don't knock my sweet avocado tree/plant/small twig.

Jen said...

good luck, don't kill them

Adele said...

Hopefully you and Steph differ greatly in your avocado-growing skills!