Sunday, March 20, 2011

Arizona

Last weekend I went to Arizona for a friend's wedding and Arizona is so beautiful. It was a warm 80 degrees and sunny. I am in love with Arizona, but maybe it is because Utah is like 40 degrees. I saw my cousin, Russell, and his wife, Jodee, while I was there and they are pretty much the nicest people. I rarely get to see them because they live so far away. But they took time out of their Saturday to spend time with me. They have twin boys and they are adorable. At first the boys were unsure about me but they got less shy and I think by the end of my visit they even liked me.

Also it was cool how there were cacti (I like that word) everywhere. Even at the Mesa temple there were cacti. Here is a pic of me and Michelle in front of I think the biggest cactus I have ever seen.


Now for the part that everyone has been waiting for...an update on my plants! Prepare yourselves because this picture below is so full of lush green leaves that you can barely see anything else in the pic. That's right, despite the huge clouds that have been blocking the sun lately, my herbs are growing like wildflowers. Ok, they aren't huge plants and honestly I don't know if my herbs will ever be big enough to actually cook something with but I am proud that they are growing. When the weather gets warmer I think I might branch out, maybe try my hand at avocadoes (that was for you Steph haha).

3 comments:

Stephanie Pulham said...

That is a HUGE cactus. Ali would be scared for you because since she learned that cacti have spikes she has this irrational fear of them. It is pretty funny.

Adele said...

That is so cool that you went to Arizona. I would be jealous of the warmth if it were still cold here. But it has been ridiculously warm here. It got to the 50's. It is basically like I am back in California.

Jen said...

I m jealous of the warmth also