Thursday, June 23, 2011

I love the food here. All the food tastes delicious here (I'm sure there will be some food they don't like but I haven't found it yet). And the sweets, they are divine. I had a pastry this morning from the corner store and it was so delicious. I can't even describe how good they are. Whenever I want, I can just walk to the corner store and have an authentic german chocolate or pastry for so cheap. This is me eating something that I can't pronounce because it is like 20 letters long and I can't speak German, but trust me, it's really good.


There are rivers all over Berlin. I knew that there was one main one but there are a lot. And there are bridges everywhere. Whenever I am walking over a bridge, there are always big tourist boats floating on the river and I have really been resisting the urge to be like a spy and jump onto the boat from the bridge like they do in movies. I feel like that might not be the best idea for many different reasons.


So this is the fountain of Neptune, he's the statue in the middle of the fountain (you can't really see him too well, I realized that when you ask a stranger to take a picture for you, even if you are standing in front of very famous monument...you should specify that you want the monument in the picture). Note: the next picture. I asked this man to take my picture standing next to the fountain but he insisted I climb onto this statue's lap, luckily I didn't fall while climbing on it. There are fountains everywhere, and not just plains fountains but they have elaborate sculptures and memorials from the war. Also the buildings are incredible. They are so old and there is so much history here.


So this is what I was talking about by getting the monument in the picture. In the background is the monument to the Berlin Wall. This picture is for Lutie. That's right, I am killing Darth Vader in Berlin.


For Michelle, Mollie and Karalee. I met Edward on my flight delay! Ok not really but he looks just like Edward, except for the fact that he's German. I think he was kind of annoyed when I asked to take a pic w/ him (his friend told me that people ask if he is Edward all the time).


I spent all of today wandering around the city and I love Berlin so much. I fit right in with the people, besides the fact that I don't speak the language and am a lot more friendly to strangers than most Berliners are. Berlin is an incredible place and I think there are parties every night.

4 comments:

Adele said...

I like the photo with a very excited edward. That is awesome and I am very jealous. You're great.

Jen said...

glad everything is going well, and i am jealous of all your pastry eating.

Matt Sutter said...

I love that you took a picture with Edward!!!

Mollie said...

he looks (almost) just like him! i love it! i love hearing about all of your adventures!