Saturday, June 18, 2011

My plane broke down

SO about an hour into my flight to Berlin, the captain told us that there was a problem with the air pressure of the cabin so the plane had to turn back to JFK (New York City). But the pilot said that our plane was overweight and he couldn't land until he burned off some fuel so we flew in circles over JFK for another 2 hours. After we landed safely, the Delta personnel said that we needed to rebook a flight so everyone did a mad-dash for the Delta customer service counters. Luckily, I called the help desk number instead of waiting in line so I got my flight rebooked rather quickly. However, once my flight was rebooked I still had to wait for meal and hotel vouchers for the night so me and all the people on the airplane just sat around for a few hours until we got everything we needed. Now (10 hours later) I am in the hotel and about to go to sleep. On the bright side, I am in New York so I can see the city tomorrow and the airplane gave us meal vouchers for 3 meals :) Hopefully my plane tomorrow won't be broken down.

No comments: