Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New haircut and Germany

Let me just start off by saying that I am going to Berlin, Germany in less than 10 days. Let me repeat NEXT SUNDAY I WILL BE IN GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited (if you couldn't tell by the all caps and exclamation marks).

So this first pic is for my mom. She isn't what you would call tech savy and she wanted me to post this pic. Here I am in my Easter outfit (I'm basically the next Gisele Bundchen).


Also I got a hair cut, as you can see it is a big change from the previous pic. Kara, my cousin, cut it and she did an amazing job. I don't think I have ever gotten so many compliments from a haircut before. I love my shorter hair. It is so easy to style in the morning and it is nice to have less hair in the summertime when its hot.


Lastly, me and my roommates have been running lately and it feels wonderful. I love the feeling of the wind rushing past me and the soreness of my muscles (and believe me there has been plenty of that). I did cross country in high school but I really haven't run since then. I like running just for fun rather than in a race. It is so nice when you aren't running against a clock. There isn't any girl that I am trying to beat. I just run at whatever pace I want. If I want to speed up I do and if I want to slow down I do. I just like how I can be so stressed out in the day and when I go running, my stresses go away. My mind just clears and all I think about is putting one foot in front of the other. I realized these past few weeks how much I like running. I don't like racing but I like running, not because I want to beat someone but because I want to feel good and be healthy.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Love your look! You are so adventurous. Germany will be amazing, I'm sure. If you find any great-looking, pint-sized lederhosen, let me know. I'll get some funds to you to buy two! I look forward to reading more of your experiences. Best wishes!

Karen L. said...

Running isn't as horrible as I was expecting. Too bad my bum ankle is holding me back from my olympic dreams...