Sunday, February 10, 2013

Soon to be Mrs. John

These past few weeks were very exciting due to the fact that my favorite person in the world asked me to marry him. It's very exciting! Chris proposed to me about 3 weeks ago but I have been very busy wedding planning, hence my slow posting about it. Let me tell the proposal story for those of you who haven't heard.

On Tuesday, January 22nd, Chris suggested we go to the movies, he also asked if I could come over to his house and then we can go from there (I should have suspected something then because he always picks me up for dates). Anyways I go to his house and it's all dark inside except the entry way. He told me he had food in the kitchen so we can have dinner and then go to the movie. However, he had something else planned for the night. I walked into the kitchen and there were candles and flowers on the table and his computer was sitting there too. We sat down at the table and he started a photo montage of pictures of us throughout our courtship. He also put a voice-over on the montage where he told the story of how he fell in love with me and then at the end of it he said that he wanted to be with me forever. And then I turned to Chris (I was crying by now) and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

It was so sweet and perfect and I love him so much. I am so lucky to be marrying someone as loving and thoughtful as he is. I can't wait until June 8th when we are sealed in the Bountiful Temple for all eternity.
That's the ring! He picked it out all by himself. It's so sparkly sometimes I just find myself staring at it.

4 comments:

Jodee said...

Congratulations & best wishes! I am so happy for you and look forward to meeting Chris.

Adele said...

That is a really cute proposal.

Stephanie Pulham said...

So sweet, congratulations!

Lisa said...

Yay! So happy for you!