Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bowling Queen

My new nickname is The Bowling Queen as of last Friday. I forgot to post this because last weekend was so packed with fun stuff. So my aunt Ramona is in Utah visiting and my cousin Lisa left me (I will get back to that in a minute). So we had a fun weekend, there is already a post about the Nickelcade, but on Friday we went to the bowling alley. I used my connections and got us lanes without having to wait (I work there so it wasn't very difficult). I am definitely not a fantastic bowler so I average about 110, which isn't horrible but it's not great.

I noticed when we arrived at the alley that, my cousin, Amanda's, husband Dennis had his own bowling ball so I assumed that he would get in the 200's. So we started bowling and at about the 5th frame I missed a spare, but Amanda comes up to me and tells me that at least I'm beating Dennis. This definitely pushed one of his buttons so naturally my only goal for the game was to beat Dennis. The final score was: 140-Melissa, 112-Dennis. And people say dreams don't come true...lol. It was so much fun spending time with my family.

Ok so my cousin, Lisa, left me. She graduated and got a job in Nor Cal so she thinks she needs to do ridiculous things like move on with her life and start a family. She should know that the universe revolves around me. But seriously, I am very proud of her she is so smart and she completed her accounting master's at BYU (which is definitely not easy). She is also such a good friend. I always talked to her about guy stuff so now that she's gone I'm gonna have to text her all my guy stories, which definitely isnt as good as telling them in person. I will really miss seeing her every week but I know that she is gonna love Nor Cal.

One more thing, I changed my major to actuarial sciences. I just loved stats when I took it so i guess I am taking a new career path. Figuring out what you want to do for the rest of your life is so difficult but hopefully I will stick with this one...lol

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww, Melissa! You're so sweet to write about me! Congrats on the major change. After spending my whole Saturday studying for the CPA (just like every other day), I definitely think that's a good move. You better keep the text updates coming. And p.s. Not gonna lie--My post has more comments than yours. Probably because I posted a couple hours after you and stole the top spot. :)

Ramona's Recipes said...

Now I understand why the phone calls I was getting have slacked off. Darn you Lisa!! ;) Actually, Melissa has more than enough love for family to go around and then some.

I very much enjoyed the time we had together in Utah, BQ...short for Bowling Queen of course. Oh, and you RULE the alley!!

Love,

Tante Ramona

Stephanie Pulham said...

You are gonna be a great actuary! Also, nice to hear you still whooping in bowling. Sad though, since you WORK in a bowling alley you should definitely be getting a 200!

Stephanie Pulham said...

So I just read Lisa's comment, so now I want to write some more comments to beat her out.

Stephanie Pulham said...

And here is another for good measure!

Amanda C said...

M, I don't think I have ever had so much fun bowling. Except for the time I beat Dennis when we went in Cedar City. Yep, you heard me I BEAT Dennis. And he had his own ball then too. But what can I say, I love that man!

As for the Lisa part. I already miss her so much. I don't know what I will do not seeing her on a regular basis. *tear*

Stephanie Pulham said...

And here is one more for the road, Lisa suck it.

Jen said...

Steph told me you put a post and i should check it out. i would say nice post, but it was too long to read. So really i have no idea if this was a good post or not.

Jen said...

oh, maybe if you added some pictures i would be more inspired to read it

Jen said...

But i am jealous that you got to hang with Ramona and all the family.