Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm in Uganda!!!

Olio tia! So I arrived safely in Uganda and wow...I love Uganda. It is amazing and beautiful. It is like no place I have ever seen. It is hard to take everything in at once. It amazed me how even when we were driving in the wealthy areas, conditions were not very good. Now I am in Mukono, the city that I will be staying in for the next four months. There are so many cars on the road and the drivers are so scary, they drive as if they can never crash. The roads also aren't very good but thats what I expected. There are also things called botabotas that are like little motorcycle-scooter type things and I feel like the other cars will smash me when I'm riding on it. I love it and my first Ugandan food was this chicken stuff. We ate lunch at a fancy restaurant but it was still cheaper than practically any american restaurant. ok well my time is almost up so I will check back with you in a lil bit.

3 comments:

A-wal said...

You need to post some pictures please :)

Lisa said...

So glad you arrived safely! Keep posting!! Miss you!

jodee said...

I am glad to hear you have arrived safely & had a chance to sample London. I look forward to hearing more. Best wishes!