Monday, May 17, 2010

Write me

This is the road I walk on everyday to go home.
Here is my address in case anyone wants to write me a letter:
Melissa Thompson
The church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints
Mukono Ward
PO box 390 Mukono, Uganda

Story of the day: So I was walking home one day and this woman stopped me and told me about how her sister died of AIDs a month ago and her sister has a very young daughter. Then this lady asked me if I would take the daughter (as in bring the daughter back to America with me and keep her). Of course I said that I couldn't but I was shocked. This complete stranger was offering me her niece. So yeah that was kind of surprising but I guess you experience something new everyday here.

3 comments:

Adele said...

I don't think you're ready to have children yet, so you shouldn't take her.

Megan Marielle said...

It's so pretty! Honestly when I thought of Uganda, I just thought of really dry desert like conditions. But anyway, yeah, you're not ready for kids. Plus I think since the woman thinks you're white you must be from America where you can offer her niece.

R said...

Love the pictures and hearing your thoughts. Please post lots and lots. What an adventure. This is Russell your cousin.