Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beer, trains and the temple

Ok so there was a beer festival the other day and what better place to wear a dirndl? And I wanted to get a cup but it was 3.50 euros to buy a cup or you can get a drink and a cup for 4 euros and who can pass up a deal like that. Although the look the lady gave me when I asked for just a coke was hilarious. Also, I was one of four people at the festival wearing a dirndl (the other 3 were waitresses). The wonderful thing about that is I am in Berlin and people really don't care if you act crazy here. There are such weird people in Berlin that I fit right in

You can't really see what this picture is but I am sitting on the front of a train. Me and some friends went to the museum of technology last week. We realized when we got there that it was a kids museum so we found our inner kid and had a blast.

Finally we got to play with this machine, after this 5 yr old was hogging it for so long. So this is what mine and Frankenstein's kids would look like. I know...we would have really attractive kids.

When I first unpacked in June, I noticed that I had accidentally packed 2 boy family names. Luckily my ward had a temple trip today so I went to the Freiberg Temple and it is beautiful. It is surprisingly small. But it was a nice day and Freiberg is a beautiful city. Here is a pic of me with the nearly finished temple names and the temple in the background.

3 comments:

Jen said...

looks like you are still having a great time in germany. and I am sure it wasn't hard for you to find the "inner Kid" in you.

Stephanie Pulham said...

I like Jen's comment but I am sure you didn't have to dig too deep to find that "inner" part. I am glad you had fun in a place specifically designed with you in mind, (despite the computer hog). Plus I am loving the beer fest pic so close to the temple pic, priceless!

A-wal said...

So awesome that you are having a great time!! and I love the beer festival story put a smile on my face lol. and you know you always act crazy if your in germany or not thats just who you are girly and there is no way of getting aroung that haha